socket error

Hi there,
I keep getting a socket error on this site and it's going up and down. Can you let me know what this means? Is there is anything I need to look at on my site or with my host? The error has only been occurring since I added it to the hub and installed plugins like hummingbird, snapshot etc.
Many thanks,
Karyn

• Nahid

Hey Karyn !
    Hope you are having a great day!

Sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. I just monitored the site for quite some time but couldn't see a "socket error", the site seems to be up consistently. Are you still able to replicate the issue on your end?

A socket error/timeout usually means that the server resource limits are being reached, causing the server (that might be either the web-server or the database or both) to go down. The first step in dealing with it is to review the setup and configuration to see whether it can be further optimized and if so, doing that.

Then, if that doesn't help it might be necessary to move to another host or hosting plan that offers more resources or a scalable environment (e.g. some cloud-based hosting).

Having that said, I'll be happy to check your site to see if (and if so, how) it could be optimized to minimize its impact on server resources. I would, however, need to access it so would you please enable support access for me from the WPMU DEV Dashboard? This handy guide can help you do that.

Hope this helps. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid