Absolutely cannot get the Forum plugin to work. I'm using

Absolutely cannot get the Forum plugin to work. I'm using Geotheme - child theme. It shows Page not Found 404 error when try to view page. Followed instructions step by step still can't get it to work. Checked permalinks too.

Also, how do I stop your plugins from automatically showing up on the header menu?

Thanks!

(I actually have a coming soon page activated so you might not be able to see it). Let me know via email and I'll take it off if you need to check.

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Absolutely cannot get the Forum plugin to work. I'm using Geotheme - child theme. It shows Page not Found 404 error when try to view page. Followed instructions step by step still can't get it to work. Checked permalinks too.

Forum plugin uses shortcodes to insert forums in pages. Did you create a page and then insert the forum ?

Are you able to visit the pages without the forum shortcode in it ?

Also, how do I stop your plugins from automatically showing up on the header menu?

I am not sure I follow you on this one. Which plugin is appearing in the header menu ? Can you please provide a screenshot ?

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Eta

Hi..

See attached pic...if you look at the circled header, each time a plugin is set up, for example the Membership plugin, the "Protected Content" automatically appeared on my header menu at the top?. I also don't know how the Register, Account all appeared up there when I don't want them up there. They all appeared after I installed some of your plugins.

That screen shot also shows how the Forum is not working

Thanks!

• PC

Hiya,

Thanks for posting back and sorry for the delay as I was away to spend time with family.

See attached pic...if you look at the circled header, each time a plugin is set up, for example the Membership plugin, the "Protected Content" automatically appeared on my header menu at the top?. I also don't know how the Register, Account all appeared up there when I don't want them up there. They all appeared after I installed some of your plugins.

Those are standard pages which are created after activating the Membership plugin. You can simply use a Custom Menu and remove them from there if you don't want them to show up.

and yes, I created the page then instead forum shortcode...404 error. Without shortcode also same error

Can you please refresh your permalinks so that we can make sure its not the permalink issue. Just go to Settings >> Permalinks and change the value to default and save settings.

then change it back to pretty and save again.

After that, please try to view that page.

If that does not work, please check for a plugin conflict using the attached screenshot

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.