Academy Course – certificate given before completion

Hi,

I received a certificate for a course even though I haven’t completed it. I got to the final project and jumped ahead to the Final Discussion thread (which is the step after the project,) so perhaps the certificate generation is linked to that action rather that linked to actually submitting a completed project. On that note, how do you actually submit your project for “grading”?

Thanks.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi John,

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. I tried to regenerate this issue on my test site but I could not. This is what I'm seeing after skipping to the last module in the final section:

So I think, either this is your site specific issue, or this happens only on any specific setup. In this case, I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I found that Support Access is enabled for one of your sites, but when I tried to log in with Support Access, it's asking me for username and password in a popup. Can you please temporarily disable that so we can investigate this issue? Or can you send me message with that username and password through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"

– htpasswd username

– htpasswd password

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant URLs

The subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please confirm here when you are done doing this.

how do you actually submit your project for "grading"?

When you check the "assessable" option for any of your modules, then when students answer that/those module(s), the project automatically goes for grading. Your instructor can grade the answers from your students by going to "Dashboard > CoursePress Pro > Assessments" section. Please check attached screenshots for reference.

Please let us know if you still have any confusion or if you have any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• John A.
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi, Rupok,

I appreciate your detailed response. This happened here at WPMU Dev, not on my own website. It was the Javascript course in the Academy section with Daniel Pataki that started on February 16. I’ve gone through the units, however, even though I haven’t actually completed the course (ie, submitted the final assignment), it already sent me a certificate of completion. I hope this provides clarity.

Thanks!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi John A.,

I’ve gone through the units, however, even though I haven’t actually completed the course (ie, submitted the final assignment), it already sent me a certificate of completion.

Thanks for the clarification, a course gets graded by the instructor manually, once you complete the course. I’m checking this with the Academy Team, so that they would be able to provide a better idea about what could have happened here, will keep you posted once I get an update regarding this asap. Thank you for bringing this in our notice. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.