Accept Friendship Request Gives Error

When I try to accept a friend request I often get an error:

“There was a problem accepting that request. Please try again” so I try again and get the same error.

I don’t know if it’s just me, in which case I think it might have to do with the fact that I am logged in in Firefox as Chat_Admin and at the same time I am logged in in Chrome as Mary.

Could that be causing the problem? If it’s just with me I’m not worried about it. Just don’t want my other members to be getting the error.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Mary

I hope you had a wonderful day.

I just searched for the possible reasons of this error showing in BuddyPress and it seems many other people have faced this before but there was no specific reason for this error. It happened to different people for different reason.

I just found another thread by you where you said this problem is “intermittent”. Is it happening consistently now?

I just tried to regenerate this error on my test environment but I could not. So can you please do some tests so that we can identify the reason behind the issue and solve it faster?

In my understanding, being logged in from two browsers should not be the reason for this error. But can you logout from one browser and then send the friend request again and see the result?

Moreover, is it possible to disable all other plugins one by one for making a plugin conflict test? You can get more idea about plugin conflict test from here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I’m looking forward to hear from you and solve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.