Access control for other admin users

I would like to know if it's possible to change a setting so that only I have access to all of the WPMU Dev products in the dashboard?

Please advise.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello WordPress Ninja,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin that's used for installation of our themes and plugins is by default available only for the admin account it was activated from. Other admins (and of course other non-admins users as well) will not be able to access "WPMU DEV" page in site's dashboard, they won't even see the "WPMU DEV" menu item.

Is this what you're asking or did I misunderstood you? Correct me please if I'm wrong and I'll be happy to assist you again.

Best regards,
    Adam

• WordPress Ninja
    • New Recruit

Hi Adam

Thank you for your prompt response, I understand that only my admin user will be able to access the Dashboard Plugin, I want to know if it's possible that this same privacy be maintained across all WPMU Dev plugins? I could write a custom function to disable all other users from viewing these plugins but I just though I would ask if there is something in place for this already.

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello WordPress Ninja!

Thanks for this additional explanation.

Currently there's no "in built" common "access control" feature. You could use our Membership 2 Pro plugin and its "Admin Side Protection" add-on to control access to selected dashboard parts but unfortunately admin accounts are "excluded" from protection.

That being said, I think the custom code would be the way to go. Alternatively, you could use a User Role Editor plugin to create a custom user role that'd be a copy of an admin user role but with some selected capabilities withdrawn and then switch those non-authorized admins to that role.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.