Access denied - Video Tutorials

I've registered my domain sup******.***.flywheelsites.com, but I don't have access to video tutorials. Each video says access restricted.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Rob,

Hope you're doing well.

It looked like this could be due to the flywheelsites being registered with a different account but I tried creating subdomain of one of my test sites, registering with a different account but I couldn't see the issue as the videos were still loading fine form me.

Could you please perform a basic troubleshooting test by disabling your other plugins and switching to default WP theme so we can check if something from there is blocking the videos?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Rob,

In order to rule out the flywheel domain issue I chated with Flywheel support and their support agent Tyler (shout out to him) provided me with a subdomain installation where I could test this and everything was working fine there as you can see here:

Is it ok if I remove your site from the HUB and then register it with my account so I could see if we're maybe dealing with something account related, even though everything seems to be fine with your account?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Rob,

I have connected your site to my account but the videos were still unavailable, so based on that and my previous test I believe we can rule out domain issue and something being wrong with the account, so it's probably something specific on your site causing this.

Can you try disabling all of your plugins, switch to default WP theme and activate only WPMU DEV Dashboard and Video Tutorials so we can see if it works in that case?
    Please note that you will need to connect your site with your account again from WPMU DEV Dashboard due to it being connected with my account during the tests.

If disabling other plugins and using default WP theme doesn't work could you ask Flywheel support to check the logs and see if anything in there is showing what's blocking the connection?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Rob

Hi Predrag,

Thanks for looking into this. I've deactivated all plugins, except the Dashboard and Videos, and returned to the default theme. Unfortunately the issue remains the same - Access Denied, Please check the site registration.

I did speak with Flywheel and they confirm there is something blocking it, but they are unsure what. I'll continue to work with them to try and find out.

Please let me know if you get any revelations :slight_smile:

Rob

• Rob

Hi Pred,

Here's their response: "From the server side, the video is responding with a 401 error so it appears that the video is being blocked before it even gets to us"

He asked if there was some way of registering the domain, which we had done, but now I'm not sure. When going to Settings > WPMU Dev Videos it says please register this domain "http://plujo.flywheelsites.com/" below and when doing so it says "That domain is already registered by you or another user! Contact support for help."

Are we missing something here?

Rob

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Rob,

Hmm, that's strange, I did register your domain with my account for the testing but as soon as I finished I've released it from my account and registered it with your again, so you should be seeing this message.

I've now released the domain again from your account so you could try to register it again from network settings?
    Let me know once this is done and if it still doesn't work we'll need to ping our devs to investigate this further.

Also, please go to Plugins panel in network admin and deactivate and activate WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin so it shows WPMU DEV panel for your admin account again.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Rob,

I have already checked your site settings with the account you provided in chat which is also super-admin account and everything seems to be in order.

I must say that I'm pretty much out of ideas here and I would need to ping our developers here for some further assistance.
    I will create a report for them to check it further and either I or them will update you here with more information once we have some.

In the meantime, is it possible to get the server log from your hosting provider as that might help our devs to see where the issue is?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.