Access Stopped but client renewed and nothing

We were on a clients site because they had a 30 day free trial. We set up the site and wanted them to pay for the service before the trial was up because it was ready to launch. In order to do this we had to stop the supporter status so that they could pay through the website.

They paid through the website but now the site is not automatically coming back on?

Questions:
Why isn't it automatically coming back on?
If someone is ready to start before the free trial is up, what's the best way to do that?
If you stop a site from gaining supporter privileges, do you have to manually renew them every time?

Thanks in advance!

-Jonathan

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Jonathan,

To get a better grasp of what's being done here, could you provide a bit more detail on the process you've used to achieve this?

It sounds like you've removed the Supporter status from the user then had them resubscribe, is that correct? If so, I would think they'd be back on the free trial again to start with.

Or have you perhaps manually extended them as a Supporter? If that's the case, could you let us know how you had them purchase the service?

Thanks,
    David

• fromscratch
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

No Problem,

here are the details:

We set up the clients website manually through the super admin. We're offering a 30 day free trial so when we set them up they automatically have 30 days for free.

We added the content and images to the website. The client was ready to pay. When we logged in as a super admin, everytime we went to the sites dashboard and clicked "supporters" it would bring us to the main admin screen, not what the actual user sees.

So to bring up the actual payment screen we stopped the free trial, went to the members page, and clicked the subscription. Went through paypal, did everything and it said that it may take a few minutes for the system to know there a supporter (something like that, don't remember exact wording).

So we waited but it never actually registered as a supporter and all it said was "Manually stopped on July 1st".

It wouldn't register, even though it was paid for.

I'm wondering if that's because we manually stopped the trial?
    and same questions as above =)

Thanks!

• fromscratch
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Totally lost...

Its mentions variables when I visit the page:

Error: Missing POST variables. Identification is not possible.

I checked IPN history and it shows some random strings and says I have to turn IPN on in order to create history data.

Do I turn it on?

• Aaron
    • CTO

Ya, turn it on, use the supporter-paypal.php as your IPN url (not really important as that field is not used by supporter).

Then do a test checkout, and paste us your IPN history.

Ideally all this should be done in sandbox mode when first setting up Supporter, but since you already have live clients that may not be an option for you.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya fromscratch,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem
    was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this
    thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not
    Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU
    DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of
    assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.