Access Wordpress/Buddypress Externally

I a setting up a website using Buddypress which has some neat social features such as an activity stream which displays all actions on a website ("John has added a new page. Sam has edited his profile.") Etc.

I would like to be able to access this activity stream and display it on an external PHP website. I am looking for an external API which I can use to access and display this data.

Please let me know your thoughts/ideas/suggestions!

Many thanks!

• Timothy Bowers

Hey targetdir,

I don't believe though that Buddy currently has an API like this. I could be wrong, but not something I've needed and so I've not researched it.

There is another more simpler way though, XML. What about just using the RSS?

When in your activity stream you should see the RSS icon at the top.

You could then.. if using WordPress use something like the Autoblog:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/autoblog

To make WP posts.

Or WordPress has an RSS widget which will read and display that feed on your site.

If your not using WP on the other site, there are scripts available which are open source from around the net.

What do you think? :slight_smile:

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.