Accessing Multi Site Private sub sites

Multisite 3.2.1
Sitewide Privacy
New User Approve.

Hi,
I set domain.com so that subscribers cannot see Domain.com/site1, Domain.com/site3 unless they are registered users of the blog.
I want to give them the option to ask if they can be registered users of these sub sites and then use something like new user approve to approve requests but the subscribers of domain.com can't see any page on the sub sites to request membership.
"Blog Access Denied
This blog may only be viewed by users who are subscribed to this blog."

How do I do this?

• DavidM

Hi Atlanta,

I'm not sure if that New User Approve plugin is multisite compatible, looks like it's made for single site usage. Have you looked into that?

I imagine that would be the reason you're not seeing the option on visiting the blog.

If you're using Membership though, you could set up the site to sort of mimic that process. As an example, you could have a page that contains a login form (perhaps by calling a login widget with a shortcode) and you could display a small form that users could fill out to request a membership.

With Membership, you could restrict access to all that sub-site, except that one page, to visitors, whereas members would get redirected to the home page.

Perhaps something like that would work for you?

Cheers,
    David

• Philip John

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Cheers,
    Phil