Accordian Display Won't Show Sites

When I select accordian view, the categories appear and slide open when clicked, but the field underneath is completely empty (there are definitely sites in those categories -- the category count confirms and they show up find in other views like grid and list). It's not styled over with wonky CSS, there's just no content in the appropriate div.

The entirety of the div content is: <div class="site-categories-accordion-details ui-accordion-content ui-helper-reset ui-widget-content ui-corner-bottom ui-accordion-content-active" id="ui-accordion-1-panel-6" aria-labelledby="ui-accordion-1-header-6" role="tabpanel" aria-expanded="true" aria-hidden="false" style="display: block; height: 0px;"></div>

Is this just me, or is it a confirmable bug?

• Jared

Hi @Jack. Thanks for getting back to me! I actually can't easily switch to 2012, I a bit over-zealously deleted it. But I did make some headway (I think I just was expecting it to work in a way it doesn't)! However I think I found a different problem.

I changed the category structure a bit. Before they were all top level, and I was expecting that on a click the expanded window beneath would show the blog link/description (but that didn't happen.)

Now, the structure has Parent categories and Child categories (Just one level deep.) The accordion now expands to show the child categories, which can then be clicked to go to a landing page that shows the blogs in the child category. It's not what I was expecting, but it will work fine. (I'd like the blog links/descriptions themselves to show up in the expanded accordion, instead of just the child categories, but c'est la vie)

However.... if I select "Hide Empty Categories" then nothing appears at all! I think either the hide command is travelling to the top of the category hierarchy when it finds out any child in a parent category is empty OR that since the parent categories are not selectable, there are no blogs directly categorized under them and thus the parent categories are "empty" and are being hidden from display. I hate to change a question to a different question mid-stream, but here I am.

I'm tinkering at gwublogs.com/blogs if it helps you to see.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Jared

Thank you for all the additional information. I have checked the site and it looks like it's now functioning how I'd expect it to function, though that it not correct with the hide empty categories.
    Could you grab me a screenshot of that please?

Those are some interesting ideas as well, so within the Accordion you would like the description and blogs with direct links?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jared

I feel a bit silly with the screen shot of it, since it literally just leaves the content of the page blank! Everything else displays properly (header, widgets, footer) there's just nothing in the body content. This happens if I set "Hide empty categories" to "yes" and change nothing else.

And yeah, whereas right now it functions like:

Parent Categories visible =>
    Click parent categories =>
    accordion expands to show child categories=>
    Click child categories =>
    Directed to a new page listing all blogs/descriptions =>
    Click on blog link to be directed to site

I imagined it would work more like:

Categories visible =>
    Click category =>
    Accordion expands to show blogs/descriptions=>
    Click on blog link to be directed to site

It's less clicking for the end user and it keeps them all on the same page. But now that I know that's not how it's actually designed, it's more of a feature request than a bug! I feel like I'm breaking all sorts of forum etiquette rules here!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Jared

I hope you are well today and thank you for the additional information.

I'll move this to the features and feedback area so we can see what other members think of this, it sounds like it would indeed improve the end user experience, though I suppose it would need additional features for pagination otherwise the accordion could go down quite a way if someone has a lot of sites :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.