According to FAQs, Dummy Service Providers can be used

According to FAQs, Dummy Service Providers can be used to accept multiple appointments for a specific time and service.

Question: Does each "Dummy" user need to correspond to a unique WP user?

• Tom Eagles

@Albert

I am going to tag my colleague @PC here and add an excellent post he made about using dummy providers, hope you find this helpful. But in short they have to correspond to a unique user.

Dummy can be an imaginary or a real user on your A+ site. Anything and everything addressed to a dummy goes to the acual user assigned to it.

Its mainly used to present yourself as a business with multiple service providers and schedule in a better way. If you are assigning many dummy providers into one, you can set the service capacity to disallow more appointments you can handle.

For example

If you have one service and seven different rooms where that service could take place you can set each room as as a dummy service provider combining into one real service provider. Though each room (service provider) had its own distinct working hours. If you set service capacity to disallow more appointments than can be handled, it would then not be possible for two different users to book an appointment at the the same time in two different rooms which would result in the real service provider being overbooked.

It can be helpful if you provide services in different locations where you can set locations as service providers and setup times according to your preference. i.e. Sunday >> Location A
    Monday >> Location B and so on.

It can also be used if you want to accept more than one appointment each slot. You can use Dummy providers. It can also be used if you have a service which you are only provding on certain days in a week.

Cheers

• PC

Hello Albert,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Does each "Dummy" user need to correspond to a unique WP user?

Yes. Because if you don't you will not be able to manage that efficiently.

For example, if you want to add a Dummy user, then you will first add that as a user on your WordPress site and then choose it on the service provider page in A+ settings.

Now, if you don't define Dummies to be assigned to an actual WordPress user, any appointment that is created for them will appear under their appointments and not the actual service providers appointments. So you will need to check them and keep a track separately.

So, this is what needs to be done.

1: In General settings choose a WordPress users to whom the Dummy users will be assigned
    2: On service providers add those dummy users and put a tick mark on Dummy
    3: Job done

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Albert

Hello PC,

Thanks for the quick responses. Perhaps my questions should have been more specific.

The desired result is allow multiple registrations for each appointment time. I've read several posts including this Accepting More than one appotment.

Ideally I would like to do this with dummy users but not sure how to accomplish that.

Is there a post you can direct me to? Or, will I have to modify the functions.php file?

Thanks!
    Albert

• PC

Hello Albert,

Greetings and thanks for posting back.

As suggested by Hakan in the post you linked to

If you want to continue with A+, though, it will work with such settings:
    - Set all providers as dummy
    - Add one additional dummy service provider for each service
    - Set their working hours exactly the same as existing providers
    - Connect your dummies to a user (e.g. to admin)
    - Remove service providers shortcode so that client cannot pick up a provider on the front end

That should work fine.

I just tested it here.

and it works absolutely fine. You can test it for yourself. http://testing4.wpdemo.in/make-an-appointment/

I just added a bit of css as below

div.app_workers_dropdown {display : none !important}

so that the users do not see a service provider dropdown else the multiple appointment per slot will not work.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.