Account Creation Authorization via Code or Unique Email

Modify the existing signup code so that it is unique to users on your mail chimp list. For instance, if I want to invite people to become members that are part of a secret group I created, then each person gets a UNIQUE registration code that can only be used ONCE to create a login on our membership site. Once it is used, it will not work again. This code would need to be matched to the mail chimp subscriber list so we could easily generate 50 unique codes to send to people...

OR.... it could allow people on a specific mail chimp list to signup using their email address WITHOUT a unique code, and anyone not on the authorized mail chimp list would NOT be allowed to create a membership account on our website... Make sense?

• aecnu

Greetings prescott,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.
    Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development.

This would definitely be a major up taking to integrate this into the plugin, though I shall alert the lead developer of Signup Code of the feature request and move this to the feature requests thread.

Thanks again and it is great to have you as a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.