Accounts still need to be activated after installing "Remove Email Verification From Signup&quo

I installed the plug in and activated it as per the instruction. I'm using Remove Email Verification From Signup Version 1.0.3.

After creating a profile, I still had to activate the link sent to my email in order to be able to log in.

• Mason

Hiya Ninja,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry you're having trouble. Could you tell us a bit more about your setup? Is the plugin correctly installed in the mu-plugins folder? What version of WordPress are you using?

I believe this plugin will only support WordPress + Multisite, so if you're using regular WordPress or BuddyPress it may not function correctly.

Give us a bit more info and I think we can help ya get this one sorted.

Thanks!

• NinjaGym

Hello,

I followed the instruction when installing the plug in and it was installed in the mu-plugins folder.

I'm using wordpress 3.0.1.

You mentioned that this plugin would only support WordPress + Multisite. Does Multisite means wordpress multiusers?

If that is the case, isn't there a way to work around this limitation? We are currently using regular wordpress. We signed up for a premium membership thinking we were able to use ALL plugins and this plugin is one of the plugins we need the most. We have more than 500 as members, but only 200 actually verify their registration.

Or is there another similar plugin for regular wordpress? We really need it.

Thank you.

• AltisonaMedia

Hi NinjaGym

Since Wordpress Multiuser (WMPU) has been integarated into WP 3 it has been renamed Wordpress Multisite (WPMS)

I would be curious as to why your users are not bothering to verify their accounts. Could it point to some other fundamental issue that would mean they wouldn't return even with no email verification required?

It's probably not a technical issue preventing that many users from verifying.

Alternatively you could could set your site up as a WMPS and just not allow blog creation. I am not sure if that would work and you would have to test it out yourself.

• AltisonaMedia

It's a different plugin, free from the wordpress.org site. What you need is a solution for a standard WP install. As masonjames stated above the plugin you mentioned works on a WPMS setup.

I personally joined this site for the WPMS and Buddypress support, which you cannot get anywhere else.

There is hardly ever a one size fits all solution with a plugin and unless you are a coder you will have to compromise, adapt and think laterally in some cases to provide the bespoke solutions you are looking for. (or be patient, very persuasive, or rich)

• NinjaGym

Hello Mason,

We just upgraded the site to WPMS, so I believe.

Do we have to uninstall and reinstall the plugins (Apart from "Remove
    Email Verification From Sign Up", we tried installing another plugin,
    which was "Mass Email Sender".)?

"Remove Email Verification" still doesn't work.

As for Mass Email plug in, I just don't see the whole "Site Admin"
    section where I could find the "Send Email" link as shown on the
    screenshots at all.

• NinjaGym

Hi Mason,

I got the plugin to work.

3 problems:

1. Please look at the screenshot.jpg attached here. I created a TEST account, using the password I generated which was 10320103. As soon as the account was successfully created, it gave me a new gibberish password. I was confused. Anyone would be. So now what password should I use, I wondered. I tried the one I created first. Didn't work. Then I tried the gibberish one created by the system and shown on the screenshot, and it worked. Who would have known? A normal user wouldn't be that patient to test the way I do. They will just navigate away not being able to log in suing the password they were asked to generate in the first place.

2. On the same screenshot, they are still asked to activate the account, when they shouldn't need to anymore. I could log in without having to go to my email and click on the link. Of course, they could log in with the password they didn't create.

3. When I actually went to check my mail box, I saw 2 emails (Prior to installing the plugin, I usually received only 1 email - the "Activate Your Account" email). One is the usual "Activate Your Account" email. When I tried clicking on the link to activate my account, I got an error message (see file "error.jpg" attached).

The other email is new and it's called "New NinjaGym Martial Arts Sites User". Here is the content of the email:

Your new account is set up.

You can log in with the following information:
    Username: test
    Password: [User Set]
    http://www.ninjagym.com/wp-login.php

Thanks!
    --The Team @ NinjaGym Martial Arts Sites

Again, this is going to be confusing for everyone. "Password: [User Set]"??? I couldn't log in with the password I set....I had to know to copy that gibberish password the system created for me and use it before it disappears.

What's going on?

• Mason

From your screenshots, it appears you're using BuddyPress on your installation. BuddyPress completely overwrites the normal WordPress registration process. This is why in my first post above I mentioned that if you're using BuddyPress it may not function correctly.

However, all is not lost. You may be able to use something from this article:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/6-buddypress-power-hacks-you-dont-want-to-miss/

Read through the post and the comments section. It's something others are trying to accomplish as well.

Thanks!