Ack e-Newsletter created over 2000 tables in my database

I consider this a bug and a dangerous one. I was excited to check out the e-Newsletter plugin until I discovered that it created 7 tables for every single site (currently around 300) in our network when I only activated it on 1 site!

I did NOT Network Activate it. I simply installed it and then went to a single site and activated it locally to that site only. This is not good at all. Now I'm faced with cleaning up a bunch of tables manually. I don't want all that extra junk in there - I try to keep things as tightly optimized as I can.

I only discovered it right away because I was going to do a manual import into the raw tables of existing email lists since there is not (yet) an import function.

Can you provide a way to clean up those tables from all the sites the plugin is not active on? And fix it so that a local activation does not trigger table creation for every site in the network?

Thanks!
Andrew

• ClvrTv
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok, in all fairness I just discovered that at least the delete hook was pretty well thought out and all tables were removed when I deleted the plugin from the network admin.

However, I still think it shouldn't create tables for every site in the network when it is only activated on one site :slight_smile:

• ClvrTv
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

The 7 tables are not a problem on a single site - or per every site that it's activated on. But it is a problem when it creates all 7 tables per site - for EVERY site - in a multisite installation without consideration to which site(s) it's actually active on or not.

It should only create and use the tables per site that it's active on. In a multisite installation - not even a very large one - this plugin adds massive amounts of tables to the overall database. In my case it created 2000 tables when I only wanted it active on 1 single site (which only needed the 7). The subject in this topic was not hyperbole. Nevermind what it would do on a large multisite environment.

Does that make sense? Did you misunderstand what I was saying? I don't understand why you'd create tables for sites that a plugin is not even activated on.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.