Act as...(plugin)

I would like to see a plugin developed where you could always be logged in as admin (or Super Admin) but ACT AS any other user on your site or network, you would only be able to see what they see and do what they do, but could easily click to go back to viewing as Super Admin.

Would be a great trouble shooting tool!

• Mason

Could be cool. I keep 2 or 3 web browsers open when I'm testing/troubleshooting this kind of functionality. FireFox as Super Admin, Chrome as a visitor, and Safari for a 'Subscriber' or other role. It's faster than logging in and out in the same browser (also helps sort browser caching issues) - and with a plugin that allowed you to 'view as' you'd still have to continually go back to that setting and change it to switch between roles.

My 2 cents.

• Saunt Valerian

+1 for this.

I first discovered something like this on the Vanilla Forums platform. They call it 'spoofing'. The process used their is to type in the name of the user you want to spoof and then, as an extra layer, you have to reenter your own password. Coming back in as yourself in the admin account requires you to logout (as the spoofed user) and log back in as yourself.

This is a great idea and extremely useful for all kinds troubleshooting issues.