Activate buddypress on Membership?

Hello

I am using the membership plugin and buddypress. Do I need to use the Buddypress activate account page and do I need an activation code from Buddypress?

Also, when I register on my site I can only see the new user in the network admin area, not in the membership area. Why is this? How can I receive notifications of new members?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Dustin,

Do I need to use the Buddypress activate account page and do I need an activation code from Buddypress?

Nope. Membership will handle all the registrations for you. In fact, we’d recommend pointing the BuddyPress registration to a page that you don’t actually use on your site. (setting up a fake page just for the default BP registration).

Also, when I register on my site I can only see the new user in the network admin area, not in the membership area. Why is this? How can I receive notifications of new members?

They are not showing in the Members area at all? Are the completing signup process? Are you getting notifications of payment?

Perhaps if you tell us a bit more about your setup (paid? free? levels) we can assist to getting what you need here. Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Dustin,

That’s no good. DO you have the “free subscriptions gateway” only activated?

Under Membership>Options>General what do you have for the User Registration? It should be set to “none” as we don’t want to auto-assign a member to one and allow for upgrades.

Let us know. Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.