activate smush it pro

I just signed up for the 14 day trial of smush it pro. How do i activate the plugin? I also downloaded WPMU DEV and nothing...

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Sara Wardell, hope you had a wonderful day.

For activating WP Smush Pro, first deactivate and uninstall Smush Free version. Then install and activate WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin, and login into that. Then download, install and activate WP Smush Pro through our DEV Dashboard plugin and you are done.

Now you can enjoy all pro features of WP Smush Pro. Please let us know if you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Lauren,

But when you do that does it "unsmush" all the work that we have already done?

No, it does not "unshmush" images. Smushing is permanent process. Only thumbnail regeneration from original, unsmushed images can "revert" that (what it actually does is delete all sizes of images and create new ones). But Smush does not have option to regenerate thumbnails - it can be only done with separate plugin.

Disabling Smush plugin will not change your images that were already smushed.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Lauren,

So if we install the pro and then decide not to continue at some point then what?

Then you will be not able to use Pro functions like bulk smush all images you have at once (if free version it is only 20 images for bulk) and there will be limit size on images (in Pro you can resize images 32MB). It will work the same as free version.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.