activate the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin now???

Hello,
why do I need to install this dashboard? I dont want it. but If I dont install I allways geht this message

activate the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin now.

please,
Denis

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

There are a number of reasons, here is all the information:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-dev/update-notifications-plugin-information/

If none of the other reasons there convince you, then the one that I think is really important is:

Conflict Avoidance – The WordPress.org plugin repository is fantastic; however, their is a MAJOR issue with their autoupdate feature. It identifies and updates plugins by the folder name alone. So, imagine you have have our Membership Pro plugin installed but you don’t have our WPMU DEV Dashboard. When we release the next lite version on wordpress.org, WordPress will tell you there is an update ready. You update it and then find out that you’re now on the lite version.
    What if it was worse, and you were updating to a totally different plugin/theme with a similar name (same folder) that compromises your data? Frustrating to say the least! Our Dashboard plugin protects you from this automatically, so take it easy because we’ve got your back with our WPMU DEV Dashboard!

This protects you or your clients from updating to a totally different plugin that could break your install.

If you still don't want this then open:

/membership/membershippremium.php

And around line 61 comment out or remove:

include_once('membershipincludes/external/wpmudev-dash-notification.php');

The notice will be gone.

Hope this helps.

Take care.