Activating a Template based on category chosen by the customer at sign up

Is it possible to have a plugin activating a Template based on category chosen by the customer at sign up? that would be great! since I was reading about the default theme and the random theme, besides, I was reading about the Blog Templates and how you can convert a Blog into template. Then I thought about that plugin.

What do you think?

Thank you,

Imad

• Vaughan

Hi @Imad,

Not quite sure I understand you fully.

What do you mean based on category? You mean you are using a plugin such as site categories?

New blog templates will allow your users to select a template to use, but i don't think there's a way for a template to be selected based on the category in site categories. Though that does sound like a great feature? I could certainly add that request to the site categories/new blog templates feature requests if you want me to?

Hope this helps

• Imad

Oh! no :slight_smile: Thanks for the response. What I meant is: Assuming you are signing up at edublog, during the sign up, the sign page asks if you are student, teacher, professor, etc.. Now let's image that we a have template associated with a student (just an example) and Template with the teacher needs, and another Template what a Dentist might be looking for, Lawyer, IT professionals, and so on :slight_smile: what do you think?

The first impression after they login or check their site would be: Ahhhhhhh!!! :slight_smile: of course, it will require a lot of things to be done from my side, but it pays off on the long run.

Thank you Vaughn

Imad

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.