Activating BP Group Email without having groups enabled on Multisite gives 500 error until you remov

I checked buddypress and BP Group Email and clicked bulk -> Network Activate. When I did, the site blew up with a 500 and I could not fix it until I went into the database and cleared the active plugins.

If I enabled buddypress first and enabled user groups, then it worked fine. Apparently BP Group Email doesn't work if groups aren't installed (not just doesn't work, breaks horribly)

• PC

Hello @Chadwick

Greetings and thanks for your post.

That kind of behavior is expected as the plugin requires groups to be activated as that is what its supposed to do "Send emails to groups"

However thanks for pointing this out as the plugin should not throw an error and crash the site, however it should simply show a warning that "BP Group component should be enabled to use BuddyPress Group Email plugin" or something like that.

I will need to test this on my lab site and once replicated, I will send this to the attention of our lead developer Aaron so that we can look into it.

Thanks for being a great WPMU DEV member.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.