Activating CoursePress Pro breaks Artisteer Theme

I have Artisteer 4 and I use it to create WordPress Themes. The theme on my site has a 1000 px page centered horizontally on the screen. Activating CoursePress Pro breaks this centeredness of the page, so that all content is left-justified on the screen.

Also, after pressing “Start Learning” button on a course description, nothing at all is displayed on the page. No unit page, no learning page, nothing at all.

I can send you the WordPress Theme created with Artisteer if you like.

Because of this, I have canceled my WPMU membership, which still offers me access until October 22. Because of this I have decided to use Adobe Captivate to create my courseware instead.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @carman, I hope you’re well today!

Artisteed-generated themes don’t always comply with WordPress coding standards which may cause issues with a lot of plugins, not just CoursePress.

Could you please set WP_DEBUG to true in your wp-config.php file and then post a link to the website where you have CoursePress installed so that we may take a closer look and see what goes on?

Thank you,

Ari.

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hi @carman,

I checked your website and I can see that there is a notice which might be causing this issue. This is most likely related to your theme not using the function wp_enqueue_script correctly.

Could you please check if this notice is being displayed when you switch to one of the default WP themes.

Best regards,

Brian

• Carman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for taking a look. Those notices about use of wp_enqueue_script still appear when I switch to the CoursePress Pro Theme, or the Default Theme that comes with WordPress.

I have turned off debug and deactivated CoursePress Pro in order to allow my site to again function properly.

Thanks again.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @carman,

I’m afraid Artisteer-generated themes are not compatible with a lot of plugins because of the way they are coded.

If you want a theme that will be compatible with anything you throw at it, my advise would be to simply start with something like the default twentythirteen theme and then simply change its CSS a little so that it looks the way you want it to.

We can help with he CSS modifications if you want… After all, the theme from artisteer as I’ve seen it on your site is nothing special or hard to do with the twentythirteen as a base.

Cheers,

Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.