activation email for a new subsite come from wordpress

Dear,
When I user register on my site the activation email comes from wordpress which I don't like.
It would be possible to change it? It is maybe jetpack?
Please see the screenshot attached.
I would like to send the activation email from Info@pixshopping.com.
I grant you support access in case you need.
Thanks.
Paddy

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Paddy,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I accessed your site and I can see that the "admin e-mail" is set to an address in your domain. This address should be used for confirmation e-mails by default. Did you used a different address for admin address (of your entire network and of your main site) before, possibly the one in external domain (such as e.g. @gmail.com)?

It's a common issue that external addresses may not "come through" and are substituted with a default address in your domain. Then, if you change admin e-mail you should receive a confirmation message and confirm that change, otherwise WordPress won't pick it up. Is it possible that this is the issue?

Let me know please and if it's not the case, I'll investigate it further.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Paddy

Hi Adam,
    Thanks for your email.
    If I understood it well this could be the case.
    Before I was using yahoo email but then I changed the "Network Admin Email" and the "Admin Email" on the mainsite to an email of my domain.
    So after your advise I have changed both the "Network Admin Email" and the "Admin Email" to another domain email. However, the confirmation email I received it only for the Admin Email and not for the Network Admin Email.
    If this is the issue why I didn't receive the confirmation email for the "Network Admin Email"?
    Maybe is this a normal behavior?
    Thanks.
    Paddy

• Milan

Hello Paddy,

Before you change any settings, would you please use this plugin as solution to change sender email address in WordPress ?

WP Simple Mail Sender

If this does not help you then try with this snippet.

function wpmu_mail_name( $email ){
      return 'Joe Doe'; // new email name from sender.
    }
    add_filter( 'wp_mail_from_name', 'wpmu_mail_name' );

function wpmu_mail_from ($email ){
      return 'joe@doe.com'; // new email address from sender.
    }
    add_filter( 'wp_mail_from', 'wpmu_mail_from' );

You can paste above snippet in your active theme's functions.php file or better in its child theme's functions.php file as changes to core files won't be preserved during updates.

Another approach you can try to inject above snippet is this nice plugin. :slight_smile:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

Let me know how it goes. :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.