Activation Emails not sending - WP4.3 Multisite + Prosites Version 3.5.1

Just upgraded from WP 3.9.2 to WP 4.3 multisite installation that also uses Pro Sites Version 3.5.1. We also have plugin "Unconfirmed" installed (https://wordpress.org/plugins/unconfirmed/). I did have some MU_plugins that tweaked some email message content, but have moved those to a mu-plugins-disabled folder for now

So ... everything is working (pretty much) as expected after upgrades, with the exception of account activation emails are not being sent when a new user signs up or when we use the "resend activation email" from within the Unconfirmed plugin. I have disabled the Unconfirmed plugin, and tried to sign up again as a new user. This sites are cued up and when I manually hit the activation URL at the subdomain site (i.e. https://subdomain.domain.com/wp-activate.php?key=f9741c1eefbb5a56 --- for example) the user and site activate as expected.

Password reset emails ARE being sent, notification of manually activated site emails ARE being sent ... BUT just not the activation emails. So I know mail is being sent as expected by the server.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this too? And any tips to solve the issue would be great. Yes, I have checked the server logs and there are no errors from my IP.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Snowpro,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

As far as I understand it, the issue here is that the activation e-mails are not being re-sent from "Unconfirmed" plugin and standard activation mails are not being sent also if this plugin is active, am I correct?

Does this refer only to sub-sites or to main site as well? Please advise!

I'd also like to take a closer look at your setup so could you please grant me a support access using our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin?

To do this, please follow this guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Cheers,
    Adam

• tyler21
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Standard activation emails are not being sent either with or without the Unconfirmed plugin installed and active (this is a network plugin), so yes this is occurring on the main site. Let's see if we can handle this issue without admin access for now.

• tyler21
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

So ... it turns out that the Anti-Splog "move wp-signup.php" setting is what is causing the issue. Apparently there must be some kind of deprecated signup process that the [ust_wpsignup_url] shortcode is accessing? Once I turned off that functionality then the sign up process worked as expected where the user account was created, activated and the site was built without the user needing to activate their account first via the email link.

I guess maybe there is some Anti-Splog and ProSites integration that still needs some working out?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Snowpro!

Thanks for this feedback. I've tested it on my setup and I've been able to fully replicate it so I can confirm your findings. That being said, I think a bit of help from the developers will be required here as fixing the issue will most likely involve plugin code change.

I've reported it already and hopefully our devs will be able to come up with a solution soon. Please note though that their response time may be a bit longer than expected as they are dealing with a lot of complex issue at the same time on daily basis.

Please keep an eye on this thread for further information and updates!

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Jimbo
    • New Recruit

What is rather interesting is that I just was looking for an answer to this problem and my own post came up from August 2015, nearly two years since I opened / mentioned this issue. Can you confirm there is a work around for this? Otherwise I will be needing to roll my own registration and payment pages I guess.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jimbo,

Both Pro Sites and Anti-Splog plugins had been updated more than one since 2015. And we didn't have any reports of that exact issue recently. I have just tested this again on my end and notifications seem to be working fine.

I understand that they're not working for you, though. This thread, however, is very old so if notifications are not working for you, please join our live support chat session and we'll investigate the issue.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.