Activation Key for Q&A Plugin?

Hi,

When I installed the Q&A plugin, and i go to the /questions/ask page, I get redirected to the following page: http://www.illdoone.com/activate/

I cannot find an activation key anywhere. What do i do?

Thanks,
Qusai

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi again Qusai,

I've just tested the Q&A plugin and it's working as expected. See this http://www.coding-monkey.com/qanda/questions/

Could you provide some more details about your install?

Single site or multisite install?

Who's your host?

Could you provide a list of plugins and themes installed (even if they aren't active) and their version numbers.

Try switching to the default Twenty twelve theme and see if this resolves the issues.

Make sure on the Q&A Settings you have the administrator role set-up correctly and other roles.

Thanks.

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• aecnu

Greetings Qusai,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

I have to agree with Jack that there is not a single WPMU DEV product that requires an activation key though we do indeed have an API key but of course this appears in the back end and not related to the front end and strictly related to updates.

Something else is responsible for the activation key.

With that said it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict there and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.