Active Members Not Found In BP Members Search

I'm not sure if this is a Membership problem or a BuddyPress problem.

First, there is no way for members to cancel their membership. I have tried using the shortcoded [accountform] and [renewform] but members who try to cancel are still billed, so I have to go through the tedious process of manually finding them in 2Checkout, issuing a refund and cancelling their rebilling.

I just had a member write to me asking me to cancel her subscription. I looked in the membership users list and she is active. Then I went to the BuddyPress members page to find her--just to see when she was last active. But, she is not listed as a member.

How can this be?

I have a large membership and I cannot possibly keep checking on all the issues that keep coming up with Membership and BuddyPress. It seems as though there may be many issues that I am not aware of until a problem comes up.

I am using the latest Membership Beta (as recommended by Barry to possibly resolve some other issues) and BuddyPress 1.6.2. I tried upgrading to BuddyPress 1.6.4 and it caused issues with some of my pages not being accessible. I have written about that in another post.

So, what can this member problem be and how can I solve it?

Thanks,

JoAnn