Ad Sharing Formatting Issues

Hi,

Some of our test users have reported some formatting issues with the Ad Sharing plugin.

First, on some pages/posts, the content starts right under the "before" ad. Instead, there should be at least a little bit of space. However, this doesn't happen all the time...just most of the time.

Second, the ads appear on category archive pages, which creates a very cluttered look...sometimes with more ads than content if "before" and "after" ads are set. It would be great if the plugin included a checkbox or other way to specify whether ads appear on archive pages.

Thanks,

Mark

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello wpcdn,

Random behavior where the ads show up in different places is a bit hard to nail down. Is there any way you could provide screenshots of a particular post/page showing the correct way vs incorrect way it should display?

I'll see what the developers might have to say about options for other than the single pages.

Cheers,
    David

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

First, on some pages/posts, the content starts right under the "before" ad. Instead, there should be at least a little bit of space. However, this doesn't happen all the time...just most of the time.

I think this will be best fixed with CSS. The plugin just adds the javascript code.

Second, the ads appear on category archive pages, which creates a very cluttered look...sometimes with more ads than content if "before" and "after" ads are set. It would be great if the plugin included a checkbox or other way to specify whether ads appear on archive pages.

This is what the option 'number of ads per page' is for. You can limit the number of ads appearing on archive pages.

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

This is what the option 'number of ads per page' is for. You can limit the number of ads appearing on archive pages.

Does this option only work on archive pages? If so, I didn't realize that. That would be great, as I would like to see the normal 1-2 ads on regular posts and pages...bot 0 on archives.

Sorry I missed the concept.

Thanks,

Mark

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

Ah, I see.

Is there any way to simply disable ad display on archive pages? Those pages look extremely cluttered with ads.

Ideally would be the ability to set separate settings for maximum ads per page on single and archive pages.

Alternatively, I'd be happy to just hardcode the plugin to suppress ads on archive pages, but I'm not sure exactly how/where to do that.

Thanks,

Mark

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Mark,

Forgive me for not trying this before posting but I'm very short on time at the moment. You may be able to use the following.

On line 310 of ad-sharing.php, try adding the is_single() check as follows:
    } elseif( 'post' == $post->post_type && is_single() ) {

It's hard-coded, I realize, but it's a quick one-liner. Please let me know if that works for you!

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.