Ad sharing plugin is not working.

Hello, i have activated adsharing plugin, but advertise section under profile dashboard is not shown for the general users! And please let me know how do i place the ad code section on the front end for the user, instead of taking them to the wp dasboard. (I have buddypress installed).

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Sreedhar,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

please let me know how do i place the ad code section on the front end for the user, instead of taking them to the wp dasboard. (I have buddypress installed).

In general, the "before" and "after" codes as set in Settings -> Advertising should be displayed wherever it's set the "Ad Locations" setting in the same page. And the options there, are for frontend posts and pages.

For more details on Ad Sharing, you can always advise the usage page here

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ad-sharing/#product-usage

I just tested that in a BuddyPress installation and my ad message was displaying in "My Profile" page.

advertise section under profile dashboard is not shown for the general users

Could you please point to me a page URL with this issue? If you could also grant us with support access in your website, it would be perfect! You can do so via "WPMUDEV Dashboard" plugin as described here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Sreedhar,

I just tried to access your website and I got either a "internal server error 500" or a broken admin page.

Could you please try to resolve this and let me know?

A theme/plugin conflict test may be handy in situations like these. Here you can find a nice flow chart that may help you. https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/ (just scroll down a bit to see the image)

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Sreedhar,

I hope you’re having a nice day!

i tried to access your site now but I also got a “404 Page not found” error (and I never tried to access this site before so it’s not a caching issue). I suppose that even though you deactivated security/caching plugins some setting or “leftover” of one of these is conflicting with our WPMU DEV Dashboard.

I did however noticed that it was trying to put me in through a changed wp-admin page and this was giving “not found” error – I suppose now once you deactivated security plugin your admin URL is again the standard “wp-admin” one, is that right? I tried to access that one too and this time I got an error that the support access has not been granted.

That being said, can you please go to “WPMU DEV -> Support” page in your dashboard and try to revoke and then grant access again? Let me know when you’re done with that and hopefully this will help.

In case it did not, I’ll provide you with a way to securely send me access credentials so I could log in to the site directly and check it.

Best regards,

Adam

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Sreedhar,

hope you’re doing good today, I just managed to access your website! :slight_smile:

advertise section under profile dashboard is not shown for the general users

The Profile -> Advertising admin menu item is visible only in users with the “author” user role as they are able to create/update/delete posts and comments. I can see that there’s only a “subscriber” user apart from the administrator so I guess this is what you were testing. Could you please create a author user and test his profile? I just tested that locally in my test environment and it was working as should be.

let me know how do i place the ad code section on the front end for the user, instead of taking them to the wp dasboard

This front-end posting isn’t possible at the moment as it hasn’t been implemented in Ad Sharing plugin and I’m afraid that you’ll need some custom work for that. Feel free to use our Jobs & Pros section for this kind of custom development (no WPMUDEV staff members included here).

Warm regards,

Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.