Ad Sharing with Singlesite Support

I am glad to announce the release of version 1.1.5 of the Ad Sharing plugin which supports ad sharing with authors and contributors on singlesite installs.

Those of you who run singlesite WordPress installs now have a way to compensate your authors by sharing ad revenues with them.

So, go and grab this new version of the plugin and let us know how it works for you.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ad-sharing

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

This is a great plugin, I’m not surprised lots of people have been asking for it!

Can I suggest that instead of the options for before/after content that advert ‘slots’ are created?

– Each slot has an ID number and name, and the option of being added before/after content.

– A widget is then available which can be added to the sidebar, with a drop down for selecting which ‘slot’ to include.

– A shortcode & template tag are available which can be inserted anywhere, using the slot ID number

Phil :slight_smile:

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the suggestions.

But I am not sure how the slots would work in regards to ad sharing. How would the ad formats be managed?

I mean with the way it currently works, the admin and users know which format could be suitable above or below the posts. But with slots which can be placed any where, how do we ensure the ads set by the admin do not mess up with the formatting of the posts and sidebars as laid out by the users?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

I would suggest that doesn’t need to be a concern of the plugin. All the plugin needs to concern itself with is making sure ads can be place where the site owners & authors wish and that they are split accordingly.

If they drop an ad unit where it doesn’t fit (e.g. a wide banner in the sidebar) it should be obvious to them that that doesn’t make sense.

What do you reckon?

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

I agree with you. On a singlesite install that makes sense as the site owner will create the slots and the site authors will just fill them with ads.

But on a multisite install, where the super admin doesn’t have control of the spots. How do we ensure the ads set by the super admin are loaded in the correct spots (correct in term of format)?

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

Would it be possible to add an option for each slot where you can put in a maximum width/height?

That way, if a file is too big for the slot selected, it will be made to fit (and not mess up the overall design), but those users will see what has happened and change to an image that fits.

• The One
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ulrich, I apologize for bringing up this very old topic, but I had to ask…

Can I get confirmation from you that this plugin now works for single site installs? I ask because there are many threads contradicting this. Sometimes i dont quite know what to believe.

So, does Ad Sharing officially work outside of multi-sites now? When i visit the Ad Sharing plugin page, the “Compatibility” only lists multi-sites, which is yet ANOTHER contradiction :disappointed:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.