Add ability to store custom templates in uploads, please

I have created a custom template for our newsletters. This, of course, means that every time I update my templates folder is overwritten and I have to re-upload it to my server.

The solution is to have custom templates stored elsewhere, such as the uploads directory or in in the active theme.

Is this feature going to be added? (I've addressed it before.)

I love the simplicity of the e-newsletter plugin, but the templates disappearing on upgrade is a problem for clients.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

I know that Cole was looking to add this option in there. Cole is however leaving us soon. Barry is currently taking over the development for now until our new developers step in (we have hired new developers)

I'm not sure if Cole included it in the current beta but you can test that here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-e-newsletter-beta-would-love-your-feedback

As Cole promised this I'll also notify Barry just in case it's not in the latest beta.

Take care.

• cdgweb
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

With all the problems reported on the beta, I'm gonna pass on that.

Similar functionality is already in use in Marketpress where it looks in the theme folder for templates to use.

So, Cole replaced the old programmer and is leaving. Bummer.

This particular plugin has so many unresolved problems (unrelated to this request) that I'll guess I'll have to look elsewhere for a solution since -- after a year -- most have not been resolved.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

And I'm really sorry for that. It frustrates us just as much. Many of the staff here always use and rely upon these plugins.

As soon as we knew Cole would be stepping down we started to hire so hopefully it won't be to long until a new stable release.

Take care.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I'm hoping to work through the current beta and get it releasable as soon as possible, once that is done we can work through feature requests. I already have a few good ones on the beta thread to start with.

Unfortunately, as Tim mentioned above, staff leave. I wanted to take this plugin over as I have quite a few ideas of my own that I want to implement as well as integrate it with our other plugins such as auto message and membership. Now is the time to really push those feature requests as the next big release is due to be a big one.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.