Add Author Name to Status Plugin

I would like to add in the Author's Name if possible. Similar to how Twitter do it.

Post Title
Post Content

Hope you can help.

Robin.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Robin!

The included Status Widget will allow you to show the most recent statuses with an author avatar and the title. (See screenshot.)

If you'd like this info to display across all instances of the Status bits, that's going to be a little bit more complicated, and will take rewriting parts of the plugin itself.

I can do this for you, if this is what you'd prefer.

• Robin
    • Flash Drive

That would be great if possible.
    I'm aiming to simply display the author name next to the avatar, just like they do on Twitter.

Also it seems my avatar doesn't link to the right author url.

It goes to example.com/browse/robin%20tee
    instead of example.com/user/robin-tee

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Robin,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for the additional information there.

It looks like the support access is invalid. Do you mind re-voking it then re-granting it? That should fix it :slight_smile: this is so we can see your Status area and investigate why it is directing to the wrong url.

Look forward to hearing back.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Robin
    • Flash Drive

Hey Tyler,

I've re-granted it.

Hope that works. I've got paid memembership pro, would that be affecting your access?

I'm having a thickbox conflict with my images too. :slight_frown:

But really appreciate the support from you guys :smiley:

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Robin,

Thanks for doing that!

Also it seems my avatar doesn't link to the right author url.

I tested this on my own install and got the exact same behaviour, so I will mark this as a bug so it can get fixed up ASAP :slight_smile:

I'm having a thickbox conflict with my images too. :slight_frown:

What do you mean by thickbox conflict? I'm looking on your status feed and not seeing any issues with the images.

I would like to add in the Author's Name if possible

I navigated to your author archive and it was a 404 page. Usually author name will link to this: http://domain.com/author/username

Looks like your current setup might not support author archives, do you want the author name to link anywhere or just be a plain text name?

I also checked your user link above /user/robin-tee - that was also a 404 for me.

Look forward to hearing back Robin!

Cheers,
    Tyler

PS. I'm going to bed soon (2:10am my time) but I will be back online tomorrow to check in on this for a response, if another staff doesn't beat me to it :p

• Robin
    • Flash Drive

Hey Tyler,

Firstly I just want to say fantastic support and thank you to yourself and your team. I really appreciate it and apologies on the consistent messaging.

With the thickbox if you are able to view the directory and click on the images you'll see that it loads up 2 images and then crashes. ( Please see attached file).

The link should be domain.directory/browse

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.