Add Blog-Style Post Titles with Summaries to Home Page of Studio Theme

Is there a way to add a normal front page blog-style summary of x# of posts on the index page of studio?

I'd go for just above the footer, or just above the feature blocks…under the slideshow...

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Dainis,

The studio theme is meant to be more of a portfolio on the front page. However, you could get what you want one of two ways:

Create a new home.php by copying the original one editing it to pull in the normal WordPress loop.

Create a new page within WordPress and use the blog news template. Then, go into Settings>Reading in WordPress admin and set your front page to the static page you just created.

Hope this helps! Thanks!

• dainis
    • The Incredible Code Injector

The studio theme is meant to be more of a portfolio on the front page.

You know, I was thinking about it, and I find the stock setup very appropriate for a site of mine. One thing did pop into my mind...that it could be cool to have the BuddyPress Activity stream on the index page, under the studio theme slideshow (for a different blog).

I found this: http://buddydev.com/buddypress/buddypress-sitewide-activity-widget-for-buddypress-1-2-and-above/ and could figure out how to "call" that widget where I tested hello world below:

<?php get_header() ?>
    <div id="homepage"><!-- start #homepage-->
    <?php
    $slideshow = get_option('dev_studio_slideshow');
    if ($slideshow == "yes"){
    locate_template( array( '/library/components/slideshow.php' ), true );
    }
    else{
    }
    ?>
    <?php
    $featurecontent_on = get_option('dev_studio_feature_show');
    if ($featurecontent_on == "yes"){
    ?>
    <?php locate_template( array( '/library/components/feature-content.php' ), true ); ?>
    <?php } ?>

<?php
    echo "Hello World!"; // This will print out Hello World!
    ?>

</div><!-- end #homepage -->
    <?php get_footer() ?>

I'd likely have to do all kinds of CSS modifications though...basically...I'm assuming that the activity stream in Studio is already nicely formatted and likely has options within the dashboard for pagination and other things...

What would the code be to place the activity stream where I have Hello World above?

Best,
    Dainis

• dainis
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Huh, I copied and pasted all of the code from activity-loop.php where I had the hello world code, and it seems to work. I don't quite know why the first activity stream item is so wide at:

http://latv.atsis.com/

hmmm...likely because that's how the styling works and I just have short sentences in my older posts...

I wouldn't mind having the activity stream appear more as a content area and then have a right sidebar next to it. Also, I think it would be useful to have the front page activity stream show something like the latest 10 items, and then when you click on an item, you go into the "real" activity stream...something like that...still thinking it through...

Keep on truckin!

---Dainis

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.