Add blog titles to Global Recent Posts Widget - please help!

Hi all and thanks Andrew for this plugin. I've got it working on my Buddypress site just fine but I would also like the widget to show the names of the blogs that certain posts are pulled from. I've searched the forum and I have tried putting:

$tmpblogname = get_blog_option( $blog_id, 'blogname' );

among the variables and

$tmpblogname . ': ' . substr($tmp_post['post_title'],0,$tmp_title_characters) . '';

in the section that prints the widget, but no success.

My entire code in widget-recent-global-posts.php looks like this:

<?php
/*
Plugin Name: Recent Posts
Plugin URI:
Description:
Author: Andrew Billits (Incsub)
Version: 1.0.1
Author URI:
*/

/*
Copyright 2007-2009 Incsub (http://incsub.com)

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License (Version 2 - GPLv2) as published by
the Free Software Foundation.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
*/

/*
Usage:
display_recent_posts(NUMBER,TITLE_CHARACTERS,CONTENT_CHARACTERS,TITLE_CONTENT_DIVIDER,TITLE_BEFORE,TITLE_AFTER,GLOBAL_BEFORE,GLOBAL_AFTER,BEFORE,AFTER,TITLE_LINK,SHOW_AVATARS,AVATAR_SIZE);

Ex:
display_recent_posts(10,40,150,'
','','','

','
','
  • ','
  • ','yes','yes',16);
    */
    //------------------------------------------------------------------------//
    //---Config---------------------------------------------------------------//

//---Hook-----------------------------------------------------------------//

//---Functions------------------------------------------------------------//

//---Output Functions-----------------------------------------------------//

function display_recent_posts($tmp_number,$tmp_title_characters = 0,$tmp_content_characters = 0,$tmp_title_content_divider = '
    ',$tmp_title_before,$tmp_title_after,$tmp_global_before,$tmp_global_after,$tmp_before,$tmp_after,$tmp_title_link = 'no',$tmp_show_avatars = 'yes', $tmp_avatar_size = 16){
    global $wpdb;
    $query = "SELECT * FROM " . $wpdb->base_prefix . "site_posts WHERE blog_public = '1' ORDER BY post_published_stamp DESC LIMIT " . $tmp_number;
    $tmp_posts = $wpdb->get_results( $query, ARRAY_A );

if (count($tmp_posts) > 0){
    echo $tmp_global_before;
    $default_avatar = get_option('default_avatar');
    foreach ($tmp_posts as $tmp_post){
    echo $tmp_before;
    if ( $tmp_title_characters > 0 ) {
    echo $tmp_title_before;
    if ( $tmp_show_avatars == 'yes' ) {
    if ( $tmp_title_link == 'no' ) {
    echo get_avatar( $tmp_post['post_author'], $tmp_avatar_size, $default_avatar) . ' ' . substr($tmp_post['post_title'],0,$tmp_title_characters);
    } else {
    echo get_avatar( $tmp_post['post_author'], $tmp_avatar_size, $default_avatar) . ' ' . substr($tmp_post['post_title'],0,$tmp_title_characters) . '';
    }
    } else {
    if ( $tmp_title_link == 'no' ) {
    echo substr($tmp_post['post_title'],0,$tmp_title_characters);
    } else {
    echo '' . substr($tmp_post['post_title'],0,$tmp_title_characters) . '';
    }
    }
    echo $tmp_title_after;
    }
    echo $tmp_title_content_divider;
    if ( $tmp_content_characters > 0 ) {
    echo substr($tmp_post['post_content_stripped'],0,$tmp_content_characters);
    }
    echo $tmp_after;
    }
    echo $tmp_global_after;
    }
    }

//---Page Output Functions------------------------------------------------//

//---Support Functions----------------------------------------------------//

?>

Any bright people out there that can help me with this?

Million thanks in advance guys...

• Mason

Hiya cecilefin,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! :smiley:

The Recent Post Widget pulls information from the wp_site_posts table created by the Post Indexer plugin. The blog name isn't put into this table so it's not possible for the widget to display it (if I'm correctly reading the way you're trying to tackle this - looks like the code display function didn't do so hot here).

The Post Indexer plugin would need to be first edited to also grab the Blog Name for each post and then the widget plugin could be used to grab this variable from the table.

Again, I may be off base of what you're wanting to accomplish so feel free to post some more specifics and we'll take another look.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.