add breadcrumbs to Events Plus?

Hello, can you help me to set up breadcrumbs on the Events Plus pages? does this go on the style.css? if so, whats the header? trying to add :
<?php if ( function_exists('yoast_breadcrumb') ) {
yoast_breadcrumb('<p id="breadcrumbs">','</p>');
} ?>

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings WAARBA Happy New Year!

Thank you for the custom coding question which is beyond the scope of the support we provide here though we do try to help if we can or know the answer.

With that said I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

No, that kind of code doesn't go in style.css - that's just your stylesheet (CSS, no PHP allowed there). The header file is typically header.php, although this can vary (here's a link with more info on this subject: http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development ). Also, Yoast breadcrumbs might not work all that great for such a specific thing as the Event post type. Fortunately, the plugin comes with similar functionality on its own. Here's the code you can use in your theme (please, note that this won't work for other post types, it's Events-only):

<?php echo eab_call_template('get_breadcrumbs', $post); ?>

If you want to make sure it gets applied to just Events and not your other posts, you can use this form instead:

<?php if (!empty($post->post_type) && Eab_EventModel::POST_TYPE == $post->post_type) echo eab_call_template('get_breadcrumbs', $post); ?>

• WAARBA
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@vladislav- Thanks for the information. I added the code you provided to the header (just events code), and was able to add breadcrumbs as expected...

However, on the main calendar, the code doesn't work so well... if there something that would work for the main calendar as well?

Please see what i am referring to with the breadcrumb on this page: http://waarba.com/events/

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings WAARBA,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.