Add buy now button and drop down list of product variations to MarketPress Product Listings Page

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me figure out how to update the default product listings page to include the drop down list of product variations and include the "Add to Cart" button. Currently this page (http://www.sphinxnow.com/beadandfiber/store/products/) only shows exceprts of the product description and users need to click through to to the actual product page to see this. This is causing confusion as there is lot of traffic to the product listing page but little click through to the actual product where the details and add to cart button are. I'm trying to figure out what I need to update to fix this. It would be much more user friendly if they can see the product variations and add to cart links right on the product listing page.

http://www.sphinxnow.com/beadandfiber/store/products/

Thanks in advance!

• digitsoft

You can either use the shortcode [mp_buy_button] in the product post

OR

You can work on changing the code in /marketpress/marketpress.php on line 3982 - where it says More Info - work on this line to set it to a buy button.

OR

You can edit this file to have more granular control: /marketpress/marketpress-includes/template-functions.php

Add this after line 1286:
    $content .= mp_buy_button(false, 'list', $post->ID);

Now that code area should look like this:
    $content .= apply_filters( 'mp_product_list_content', $product_content, $post->ID );
    $content .= mp_buy_button(false, 'list', $post->ID);

You'll need to play around with these methods so you don't get multiple buy buttons on the product and that may be more than you'd like to do at this time.

• Kimberly

SphinxWeb

Hi and Welcome to WPMUdev forums!

I thing that digisoft has given you a great list of options to start.

I would second, for sure, the shortcode and encourage you to look at the list of shortcodes provided on on the Dashboard>Products>Store Settings>Shortocodes panel

This will give you a great amount of power over what you can display and adding buttons, descriptions, etc.

Best,

Kimberly

If the above action did not result in the resolution or common end to this ticket then please feel free to come back here for comment. Just be sure you mark "Not Resolved" to re-open or we might miss it! :slight_smile: Thanks!

• sequin

Hi Sphinxweb,
    I'm going through the same process with my site and was given some help here. I've managed to get the main content to show on the product listings page by theming it myself which gives you full control of layout:
    Follow instructions in .../marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes/Themeing_MarketPress.txt to setup a css file.
    Start with your page.php file, save it as mp_productlist.php and just edit inside the post area.

<!--Start Post-->
    <div class="post">
                   <div id="proddesc">
    		<?php echo do_shortcode('[mp_product (title="1" content="full" image="list" meta="1"]');
    			?>
                   </div>
    </div><!--End Post-->

This should give your full content on the product list with variations dropdown and Buy Now button. Hope this helps.

• aecnu

Greetings SphinxWeb,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.