Add custom field to CoursePress registration form

Hey! I had two different universities that were using the same course and I would like to distinguish between both, that way I can generate a report and list only students from school A or only list students from school B.

Is there any way to add a special field to the CoursePress registration form to let the students select which university they belong too, or something similar?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Allen

I hope you're well today and thank you for you question!

Adding fields to the CoursePress registration form is one part of the issue but the other is the way CoursePress is processing these fields and I'm not sure if it's possible to make it actually send these values without changing core code of the plugin (data is sent via AJAX and only "built-in" fields are handled currently).

One of our developers is looking into it to find out whether there's a "way around" so please keep an eye on this thread and I'll let you know once I got a response from him.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello again Allen

I just got a response from the developer. Currently, the only way to achieve that would be to use native WP registration.

On "CoursePress -> Settings -> General Settigns" page there are two options: "Use Custom Login Form" and "WordPress Login Redirect". If you keep the first one disabled and the second one enabled, instead of using the CoursePress login page, students will be redirected to the default WP login form and after login back to the course page.

That also means that they'll be registering via default WP registration form. At this point you can use e.g. BuddyPress to "overtake" that registration page and add your own additional fields to it or use another plugin like e.g. Cimy User Extra Fields if you only want to add additional fields but don't need any additional "social/members tools" like those provided by BuddyPress.

Any "code methods" of adding additional fields to WP registration would also work then.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.