Add Custom Fields to store admin part (Taxes)

Hi,
I'm a developer, but I'm new to WP and Marketpress.
I'm working with a multisite installation. It has MarketPress and Custom Press installed.
I need to add custom fields for store admin section (for all stores that exist and future ones). It's for Taxes Purpose. I posted the question in one of the other posts, but I don't think anybody saw it: (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-calculate-sales-tax#post-438129)
My questions so far are:
- is there any existing solution for this?
- Can I use CustomPress for adding custom fields into store-admin site section?
- Can u list documentation resources that I should start with if I need to do it on my own?
- do I need to create a separate plugin to include this feature or I can modify the marketpress files / frontend editor files for that?
- what is the right way to install new fields into the db for multisite marketpress site? (documentation on this part)

Thank you,
Lex

Could you please point to me resources that might be helpful.

• Vaughan

hiya

thanks for posting.

a lot of what has been explained in the thread you mentioned would still need to be done for you to achieve it. you were lucky to get a response on that thread as it's 11 months old.

you could probably add custom fields with customPress, but what do you plan on doing with them?

you would probably still require some custom coding in the plugins files to do something with those custom fields, especially if you want to calculate taxes and deduct/add to totals automatically.

you might be able to create a plugin, I will have to flag the developer for you if you need specific guidelines on hooking into the plugin.

it's not a good idea to edit the plugin core files, as this would be over-written the next time it is updated.

hope this helps.

• Lex

Thanks for your suggestions.
    Is there any documentation available on overriding or adding custom functionality to MarketPress?
    I'm also trying to understand how to deal with installing new fields to the database. As far as I understood, each blog gets it's own tables in the database, so do I have to go through each of the blogids installed and add fields there? Or there is an existing solution to that?
    Thanks.