Add custom menu link to Parent drop menu (Page Attributes)

if it possible to add custom menu link to parent drop menu in page?

i am using custom menu link as parent item in menu (without really link).

i have create this link using: Appearance -> Menus -> my menu -> Add custom link.

i don't want that parent item will link to some page and that why i have create custom menu link.

the problem is that everytime i create new page i cant select the custom menu link from the drop down menu(parent page) in page

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Ruslan, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

If you're wanting to add newly created pages to your custom menu as dropdown items, you'll need to add the new page to your menu, and drag it so that it becomes a subpage for a particular menu item (see screenshots below).

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Ruslan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi @Michael Bissett,
    from the menu i know how to do it.
    my question is if custom menu link can be add to Parent drop menu (Page Attributes) in page create?

i don't want to give my user access to menu, so this will be best solution to give them to choose from parent drop menu

Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Ruslan,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Unfortunately pages can only be added as children of the existing pages and not of the custom links created in the menu.

You can try using this plugin, it will allow you to give your pages custom link, this way you can create one parent page with custom link and assign other pages as a children of that page.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.