Add Custom Register/Login Fields for Membership Pro 2

Seen a lot of questions in here asking about this. Obviously a very requested feature. Not sure I want all of the BuddyPress deal when I just want one part of it. And not really feeling the gravity forms price just for that piece either. Any info on using ProfilePress (http://profilepress.net) Thinking of trying their lite version of the plugin and it might be all I need. Any input or reassurance you could give on using this or not?

• Sajid

Hi @wspilman

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You can use Cimy User Extra fields plugin to add custom fields for Membership to registration. Its a free plugin and integrated automatically.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/cimy-user-extra-fields/

I am not sure about Profile Press but if its support default WordPress registration form then it should work well with Membership 2 registration form as well.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• wspilman

Hey thanks for the suggestion! I've seen CIMY thrown around a lot in here. I've played with using Cimy a little, BuddyPress' custom register profile fields, Profile Press, some custom Tuts+ plugin on GIT, NinjaForms, and PieRegister. All of them either have some limitations that make it difficult, have too much complexity or extra time on actual programming needed, or are too expensive just for the one piece I need - additional custom register fields, or user_meta if we're using the technical term.

Thinking of using Formidable Forms now. Looks really solid, great price point, lots of extensions and integrations. I've found some forum posts where you guys have mentioned that EduBlogs even uses it.

Their UI and form builder looks like a winner, they have a specific Add-On for customizing the user register form, and they use short-codes which will allow me to place the register form anywhere I want - all key items for us. Do you guys know of any issues or special considerations using Formidable for something like this?

• Sajid

Hi @wspilman

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

First of all I want to mention that Membership 2 uses its own registration form for registration with the flow to redirect users step by step to complete the registration. For just one or two extra fields I strongly recommend you using cimy user extra fields plugin.

Secondly when you use your custom registration form then you have to redirect them to memberhsip page to select a membership to signup and/or checkout for payments.

To override MS registration process add following code in functions.php file of your child theme.
    add_filter('ms_frontend_handle_registration', '__return_false');

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• wspilman

So I went ahead and used Formidable anyway, for the reasons I mentioned above. CIMY just didn't have a very friendly admin side and I wasn't feeling it. Got Formidable Pro set up with their Register Add-on. Allowed me to set some form actions that I can use when the form submits - such as register the user. By default all we really want is for a user to sign up as member for free anyway - and then upgrade to additional paid levels when they want.

I searched more and found that I needed to add that same line of code - which I did. When a user registers, they are added as a wp-user in the wp-admin. Then they can access the Membership 2 account page where they can change their info and upgrade when needed. I know you recommended CIMY, but after trying all the different options, Formidable seemed like the best choice. Thanks for the help though!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.