Add domain mapping to Posts and Pages.

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/domain-mapping-system

• Sean

It would be great to be able to map to pages and posts. Whether it is part of the current Domain Mapping Plugin or not.

The author of the plugin link I provided has stopped developing and is looking for someone to adopt the plugin.

Why is it useful? Many reasons but mostly because you can create pages that act as one page websites then map to them.

Example: This plugin creates a website from the user profile for the owner of a directory listing. Being able to map to that would allow the user to build their website on their own domain from within wordpress, and use information from the directory listing in their website so when they edit there directory listing their website information changes too.

http://marketplace.appthemes.com/plugins/profiler-for-vantage/

So I think this would be a fantastic feature or plugin for WPMUDEV to offer.

There are no other WP plugins actively updated that provide the ability to make to pages and post.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Sean,

Thanks for your details reply!

That does sound like it would be a pretty cool feature :slight_smile:

I'll add this to the feature requests.

Right now, as I'm sure you're aware, but in-case others aren't that see this post - the best way to do something like this with our domain mapping plugin is to map it to subsites.

You can create a multisite network and allow users to sign up for their own subsite and have it mapped to a domain of their choice :slight_smile:

You can also limit the new site owners permissions if you like too, limit them to only have 1 page or only certain plugins/themes etc.

Thanks again for this suggestion Sean. Let us know if you have anything further to add here or any questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Sean

Hi Tyler,

Yes I use WPMUDEV's domain mapping fro a lot of my projects. There are other domain mapping plugins out there also, but none of them can map to pages and post directly like this one use to be able to do with older WP versions.

Adding that feature would certainly set WPMUDEV's domain mapping apart from all the rest.

Hopefully the DEV team will take a look and create a new plugin or add that functionality.

Each unique plugin or plugin feature the WPMUDEV has can all by itself get new members to sign up.

Currently there are other plugins that are free that do domain mapping, but they all map to network sites same as WPMUDEV's. No current updated plugin can map to pages and post directly. Adding that feature would be good to capture new customers and to keep current ones.

This plugin use to work but need updating or someone to incorporated the solution into a new or existing Domain Mapping plugin.

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/domain-mapping-system

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.