My client has two websites inside a MultiSite network that he wants to work together in a certain way:
* Main Website (for all his customers; every customer has an existing user)
* Club Website (sub website with premium content for selected customers)
Right now we have a manually managed process between these two websites for a user of the main website requesting access to the club website, getting the approval and user access by an admin and having the logged in user fill a sign-up form on the club website. The new automated process should go like this:
1) Customers with an active user on the main website fill a request form (Gravity Forms) on the club website landing page to join to the club website.
2) If the user request can be approved (depends on certain conditions), the existing user on the main website should be added automatically on the club website so their can log in on the club site with the same credentials.
3) When the users are logged in on the club website, they can formally sign up for a club membership via another form (GravityForm) and another approval step would start.
At the moment an admin gets a mail, checks if the requester can be approved and then uses the WPMUDEV plugin "Add existing customers" to manually add users to the club website.
Now the customer wants a solution where he gets a request notification, then clicks a button "Approve" and then the user is added automatically to the club website.
I'm interested if anybody knows any solutions (plugins or custom code) to automate any of the steps of the process.
I am thinking about using GravityFlow (https://gravityflow.io/) to automate the approval process itself together with Gravity Forms but I have no idea how to automate the user access on the subsite.
The goal is that an existing user on the main website is added automatically to the club website (sub website of the MultiSite network) with one simple click by an admin.
I know it's very specific and don't have high hopes other than custom development but any easier suggestions would be appreciated.