Add extra fields on registration on Memebrship Plugin

So far the fields I have on registration are quite basic and I would like their to be extra fields to be added, how I would I got about doing this, and where can I edit the form fields and style the forms as none of it currently fits in with my site.

• aecnu

Greetings owen_o_neill,

Thank you for the great question and most folks I know of have accomplished this by making there own custom registration page and some used Gravity Forms to incorporate more fields that they wanted.

To override any of the pages generated by membership with your own you can easily define the following in your wp-config.php file:

MEMBERSHIP_ACCOUNT_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_REGISTRATION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_SUBSCRIPTION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_MEMBER_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_UPGRADE_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_RENEW_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_PAYMENT_FORM

Usage: define('MEMBERSHIP_****_FORM','/full/server/path/to/file/');

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings owen_o_neill,

No need to be sorry but the original question was indeed answered completely and the second question would normally warrant a new ticket.

However, in an effort to save a bit of time I will certainly offer the best answer that I can :wink:

Say I code my form in some other PHP file what should be the action attribute of the form shall be set to?

This I do not understand completely but will take a shot at the answer.

Every form I have ever created since 1998 even with MS Front page has a submit form action built right into it.

Is this what you are asking or?

Further, where the data of that form (I mean what table) would go when press Submit button?

This depends on how you code your custom solution and certainly within the _m_ tables.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.