add google fonts to upfront

having some problems.
i see a few google fonts. where are the rest? How do I add them to the core.

Please explain how child themes work with you guys. Where can I not code that would get erased from an update. really confused.

can you explain grouping? why it should be used? also having problems when i have a 4 column highlighting the middle ones.
can you use height and width manually instead of dragging the bar.
sometimes it won't let me drag an element over and i have to save and reload the page. ???

Nithin

Hi shaun,

Hope you are doing good today.

i see a few google fonts. where are the rest? How do I add them to the core.

You can find the Google fonts, under the Theme Settings > Select fonts to use :

If you are looking to add fonts other than the listed ones, you can implement these using custom CSS, as mentioned in the link below:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/custom-fonts-css/

Please explain how child themes work with you guys. Where can I not code that would get erased from an update. really confused.

Upfront Builder is used to develop themes, once you finish creating a theme using Upfront Builder, ie it's distributable, once your user installs the newly created theme, they can customize it with the help of Upfront Editor. Upfront Builder is solely used to develop themes. The created new theme will be a child theme of Upfront(parent framework).

On the other hand, for eg: Fixer theme, is a child theme, and we make use of Upfront Editor to customize the theme, the changes made via Upfront Editor are saved in the users database, and hence changes made with Upfront editor are per site only.

Fixer, and other themes doesn't work like a default WordPress child theme, so when there is an update to Fixer, the changes made through the Upfront editor won't affect, since they are saved in the database.

can you explain grouping? why it should be used?.

Grouping helps with positioning, and laying out your elements, ie you can group more than one elements into a single instance, so that you could position your other elements according to your required layout.

Fore eg, in the above image, if you notice, it seems like positioning the Click here button in the middle as not possible. However, after grouping the elements in the left, we could easily position the Click Here in the middle, much easily.

You just have to hold the left click of you mouse, while dragging to group the elements.

also having problems when i have a 4 column highlighting the middle ones.

Could you please explain further, and enable support access, so that we could give a closer look.

can you use height and width manually instead of dragging the bar.
    sometimes it won't let me drag an element over and i have to save and reload the page. ???

At the moment, there isn't any such settings available, as Upfront was designed to handle the dragging, and dropping with ease. Could you please point out where you are having issues, possibly a screenshot might help in understanding this issue.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

shaun

when are you going to add all the google fonts in to the core. avada and x theme have a ton of them.
    still on sure on child. can i right php into fixer and it not be changed?
    i have a 4 column layout. i can do the drag highlight then group pops up on the far left and right columns but it won't let me for the middle ones.
    i also turned in a ticket on the paste function glitching.
    why would i have to upload fonts through my cpanel. why is there not a plugin.

getting frustrated some of this stuff seems basic and its not setup
    i have no interest in selling my themes. i only bought this because i didn't want to have to pay for x theme everytime i made a new site. i give my sites away for free to clients that run their adwords and seo with me.

Kasia Swiderska

Hello shaun,

when are you going to add all the google fonts in to the core. avada and x theme have a ton of them.

Our themes also have quite lot of those fonts - I'm not sure if we are planning to add more fonts to what is already there, so I will ask our developers what are plans for that.

still on sure on child. can i right php into fixer and it not be changed?

No. If you alter code of Fixer files all the changes will be removed after update. Changes made in Upfront Editor will be saved to database and wont be removed after update.

Other case are themes you will develop (or build on base of existing themes like Fixer) in Upfront Builder. Their code wont be changed because those they are not updated from our repository - they are custom themes made for Upfront.

i have a 4 column layout. i can do the drag highlight then group pops up on the far left and right columns but it won't let me for the middle ones.

Can you grant support access for me to see that issue live?

why would i have to upload fonts through my cpanel. why is there not a plugin.

There are few solution available described here http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-add-custom-fonts-in-wordpress/ there is also this plugin https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/use-any-font/ (note: it was not tested with Upfront themes) - but one described in previous tutorial will work for sure with Upfront.

kind regards,
    Kasia