add images to the wiki directly from the front page

How I can do to make the wiki users can add images ?

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hi @David, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

By "users", do you mean only those that are registered on your site, or are you wanting visitors to be able to add images as well?

By default, WordPress doesn't allow visitors to upload images to your site if they don't have a certain role, as that could provide a very big security risk.

Please advise,
    Michael

• David
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

If I speak of those users all registered or unregistered visitors. Sure but then never be a wiki , it will simply be a discussion forum .

If to put pictures you need to be registered, would not make sense to create a wiki , for that would use a front end editor and ready.

Best regards, as you can not upload photo I will be very disappointed with your product.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @David

Wiki plugin is just an extension of wordpress (not a 100% regular wiki), so we had to maintain the general security risk management. Allowing uploading images for visitors is not allowed in wordpress, by default.

But in wiki plugin, with customization you can allow your visitors to upload images, but it's not an easy fix I am afraid :slight_frown:

Also, if you need to customise this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staffs are allowed to work in the job board.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.