Add location and category to posts

I was reading another post where someone wanted to add Location to their events or fundraiser (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/can-fundraising-to-this) and the suggestion was made to use taxonomies. Are there instructions somewhere that I can find to be able to do this myself? Or is there a way to create custom fields to accomplish this? I would like to add Location and Categories for my events.

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings design4dotcom,

I would like to add Location and Categories for my events.

The categories are defined right in the plugin menu itself. Logged into the site admin dashboard go to --> Events --> Event Categories and create the category that you desire.

To add locations is done when either adding or editing a event and the location is added from the location editor in the upper right corned with the map creator.

See screen shot below.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• design4dotcom
    • New Recruit

I'm sorry, there was confusion to my original post. I am using the Fundraiser plugin and need to add Location and Categories for my fundraisers. I was using another post as a reference because I thought they were having a similar issue.

Is there a way to add Location and Category custom fields to each individual fundraiser, using the Fundraiser plugin.

Thanks again!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.