Add New Subscription Plan Button Missing

Button to "add new" subscription plan is missing in membership. Was there previously. Thought maybe it was because my memb was exp, but reupped and still nothing.

http://counselinginternships.com

• Ryan Neace
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for replying, @Tom Eagles. I'm not sure why this helps, but sure, here you go.

From what I remember, the last time I added a subscription there was an "add new" button where the circle is on the screenshot. Maybe I made that up and there is another way, which I'd be glad to remember.

• Ryan Neace

Thanks for replying, @Tom Eagles. I'm not sure why this helps, but sure, here you go.

From what I remember, the last time I added a subscription there was an "add new" button where the circle is on the screenshot. Maybe I made that up and there is another way, which I'd be glad to remember.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@Ryan Neace

I noticed you don't have the wpmu dev dashboard installed did you by any chance update it without using it. The reason is the fact that using the defalut wordpress one is that its pulls it from wordpress.org and over writes the full one with the light version as wordpress only has access to the light version/

Cheers

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@Ryan Neace

When did you update the plugin i have already asked you this. Because as i explained above if you do it via the normal wordpress update function it overwrites it with the light one!!!!!

I don't know how i could have been more helpful as the only way this can happen is by the way i mentioned above. Now you have gone and done it despite the warning above.

Ok so let me pull in the developer and see what we can do to get this fixed up.

Cheers

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Button to "add new" subscription plan is missing in membership. Was there previously. Thought maybe it was because my memb was exp, but reupped and still nothing.

As @Tom writes above - you've installed the lite versions code. Grab the version from this site and replace the plugin. The lite version is limited to 3 subscriptions.

You can either download the plugins file and then use FTP to manually replace the membership directory, or grab the zip file and use the Install from upload wordpress plugin installation method - Plugins -> Add New -> Upload

• Ryan Neace

@Tom Eagles - Who are you yelling (!!!!!) at, dude? Did you actually read what you wrote to me? What warning? Now I've "gone and done it"? Who are you? What planet are you from? Why are you a troll/dick? You asked me

I noticed you don't have the wpmu dev dashboard installed did you by any chance update it without using it.
    This is obviously quite different from, "When did you last update the plugin? What method did you use?" Please go away.

@Barry - Thanks for commenting! I downloaded the plugin from above and FTP'd it (overwrite) but there is no change. I tried to upload the zip and it says the file is already installed. Do I have to delete the directory first? Won't this blow away all of my current memberships? Thanks!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Do I have to delete the directory first? Won't this blow away all of my current memberships? Thanks!

You can try to remove the directory first and then replace it with the new version to make sure all the files are replaced. Everything related to the plugin is held in the database, so you won't lose any settings / subscriptions or members.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@Ryan Neace

First off lets look at this comment

This is obviously quite different from, "When did you last update the plugin? What method did you use?" Please go away.

did you by any chance update it without using it? Here was the question about how you installed it

secondly

The reason is the fact that using the default wordpress one is that its pulls it from wordpress.org and over writes the full one with the light version as wordpress only has access to the light version

The warning was there if you do it this way it will install the lite version.

I explained here exactly what happens when you update via the wordpress update function.

Immediately from your original screenshot i could see that the light version had been installed as barry mentioned its limited to three subscriptions. Hence my original question.

When using FTP you can also unzip the folder to your desktop and upload the folder to the plugins directory and simply over write them when prompted, the settings are stored in the database so over writing the files will not effect the data stored there.

Anyway get back to us and let us know how you get on, btw insults don't help

cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.