Add New Directory Listing Produces A 404 Error

I have a multi site network and all the studded I am getting a 404 error "Page Not Found" when trying to add a new listing.

I am getting this error when logged in as an admin or a membership 2 member.

I have reset the permalinks and check the permissions in the settings of the directory plugin.

Support access is ACTIVE until January 2, 2016 2:36 pm

Thanks,
William

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @William,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for the asking. :slight_smile:

Would you mind if I do some testing like deactivating plugins and themes ? As your site is live I don't want to make any changes without your permission.

Or if its okay to you Could you test plugin conflict test as described in our support manual as flowchart premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/ ?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
    Milan.

• William
    • Syntax Hero

Hi @Milan

This is not a live site. We are still in the development process so feel free to play around with the plugins... I messed with all of them turning on and off for a while today but am still getting the 404 page not found error.

Thanks,
    William

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @William,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for being late here.

For testing purpose first i've deactivated all the plugins except Directory to test how it behaves. It was working as it should. Listing were added successfully, I was also able to assign categories to listing ( Also created some categories for testing purpose).

Could you please confirm that your issue has be resolved. ? I've attached snapshots for your confirmation that Listings are working fine on your site.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @William,

Hope you are doing well. :slight_smile:

There was problem with default page creation. Actually "Add Listing" page suppose to be child of "My Listing" page but it was not and still it was working as child page. So page was accessible at /my-listings/add-listing url.

But as soon as I re-saved page, problem was gone and it started functioning well. :slight_smile: Could you please confirm that it is now working fine @William ?

If you have any more query feel free to ask me. :slight_smile: I am happy to help you @William. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• William
    • Syntax Hero

Hi @Milan

I can confirm the add listing is now working properly. Can you please also take a look at the "Edit Listing link and page as well? I was getting the same 404 error and tried to update or re-save that page but now its just a blank white page.

Thanks for your help with this!

William

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello again @William,

Hope you are doing good.

I can confirm "edit listing" page is rendering no content, and displaying blank page. Would you please enable debug mode and check if any error is shown in that page?

To enable debug mode please edit a line in your wp-config.php: if you don't know where to find wp-config.php file, search in site root folder.

Change

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

to

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Please let us know what errors you see there.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @William,

Thanks for confirming state of your wp-config.php file. I am planning to flag one of our SLS staff person but before I do so Can you delete all the virtual pages once and plugin. After that try to reinstall plugin via WPMU DEV > Plugins.

Let me know did it solves your issue or not ?

Best Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @William,

Thanks for following me till now. Now onward one of our SLS( Second Line staff ) will assist you further. I've flagged one of SLS person to get his valuable inputs on this one. Here one thing I want to point out is that response or our SLS staff will be slightly slower than usual staff response. It may take some more time for them to reply you back than usual staff member like me. So I request you to be patient. :slight_smile:

We hope cooperation from you. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.