Add new fields to a Batch Create Plugin?

Hey

We reached out last year about tweaking the Batch Create plugin, and your team did a great job, so thought we would ask again if it is possible to tweak the fields on your Batch Create tool.

We would really like to be able to add a user's First Name, Last Name, Nick Name, and, if at all possible, Display Name (ideally for us that would be something like First Name & Last Name concatenated) to the tool (or add them to the xls template which is then recognised when uploading). Not sure that is it feasible or not - but it would save a lot of time having to go into individual user accounts and setting those fields, or asking the users (in our case, students), from completing it themselves.

Anyway - thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Ben

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Ben,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Currently it's not possible to add any additional fields to Batch Create. I'm not sure whether it would take a lot of custom development or if it'd be easy to adjust plugin code so I'll ask its developer for more information on this.

I'm moving this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum in case other members of our community would like to support the idea. I'll inform you however if we could provide you with a solution once I only got an answer from the developer.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Ben
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Adam

Thanks for the response! No worries - we thought that might be the case. However, thanks for forwarding the message onto your developers, and will wait to see if anything can be done.

Cheers
    Ben

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Ben,

I'm sorry I kept you waiting. I just got an answer from the developer and it seems that what you'd like to achieve would indeed require significant changes to parts of plugin's code. Since this plugin is no longer in active development it would receive only critical security/compatibility updates/fixes and this would mean a fair amount of custom coding.

In case you'd need this feature urgently, you may then want to post a question at our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.