Add new post on top bar in admin loads very slowly

Add new post on top bar in admin loads very slowly. Tried to deactivate all the plugins and activated default WordPress theme but it is still slow. There are other sites in the same server which works well.

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Rob

Hope you are doing good today.

I review whole chat with Sohag and I see you already try full plugin and theme conflict as you say.

I also see you try to increase memory_limit and other important values – but without any luck to increase this speed.

As you can see in query monitor this part make the issue here, over 30sec:

I have made some research about this issue:

SELECT DISTINCT meta_key
    FROM gaia_postmeta
    WHERE meta_key NOT BETWEEN '_'
    AND '_z'
    HAVING meta_key NOT LIKE '\_%'
    ORDER BY meta_key
    LIMIT 30

and it is related to postmeta and large numer or custom fields assigned to post and wp core cannot handle this by it core function, which I also check on your site. When you try to create any new post by default this page need to load all custom fields you created.

The solution for this can be found here, and you will need to hire developer to implement this correct.

Before that we recommend full site backup with database.

https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/187612/admin-very-slow-edit-page-caused-by-core-meta-query

https://css-tricks.com/swapping-a-wordpress-core-meta-box-to-speed-up-editing/

Hope this help :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Kris

• Rob
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

hi Kris,

thankyou for your reply. Indeed I do not understand the process and have to forward this to my admin. But I am sure, he can follow your tips and solve the issue – as this has daily massive timely impact on our side :wink: ( beside this I mean, we maybe use 7 custom fields only).. however, we will be able to solve this soon I hope

thx, Rob

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.