add new site

when I add a new site, I can not access it.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Paul Yanick,##1

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Is this a subfolder or subdomain based multisite? Sub-folder would have sub-sites' addresses like "yoursite.com/sub-site" and sub-domain would be like "sub-site.yoursite.com".

Are you not able to access back-end only or both back-end and front-end?

Let me know please. I would also like to take a closer look at the site's setup so could you please enable support access to it? To do this, please go to the "Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end, click on "Grant support access" button there and let me know here.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Paul Yanick,##1

Thank you for granting access.

I checked the site and I see that nor front-end, neither back-end can be accessed. This seems to be an issue with your main domain configuration.

For this kind of setup you need to have wildcard configured for the main domain and this doesn't seem to function properly. Did you try to set wildcard at all?

The way you do it might be different, depending on whether you have dedicated IP or not and what is supported by your host. One of the easiest ways is to set a * subdomain in cPanel with a root folder pointing to the root folder of the main domain.

However, if you do have a dedicated IP (that's used only for this domain), you might want to set * A or CNAME record in DNS.

Can you double-check if wildcard for the main domain is configured for your site? If you need some additional assistance with it, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello @@paulyanick

Thank you for your response. I would like to take a closer look at that and for this I'd need to access the cPanel. Could you please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page of your site and in a text box below "Access active for X days" put cPanel access credentials?

They will not be posted anywhere and will remain safely within your site.

Let me know please once it's done and I'll check the site on cPanel side.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.