add new site / ProSites integration

hi,

i recently posted a question regarding ProSites and multisite where ProSites "takes control over new site creation".

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/prosites-and-buddypress-create-a-site-feature

specifically for BuddyPress;
usually there would be a nice convenient link to "create a new site".
i guess this would totally imply to sites without BuddyPress as well.

i totally appreciate the fact that ProSites "takes control over new site creation".
but you know what they say,
"it's not just what you do but how you do it".
:slight_smile: hehe
this seems applicable here at least to me.

so if ProSites is bold/confident/technical (however u wanna look at it) enough to "takes control over new site creation" why not give its users the option ?

in other words,
an option to leave the default convenient links (create new site) that appear by default in both BoddyPress and non BuddyPress multisites and make everyone happy by having that link, link/resolve to ProSites signup/upgrade/add new site page ?

seems a bit simplistic to me but convenient, which kinda go hand in hand :slight_smile:
am i missing something why this may be an issue ?

if i am talking garbage please let me know.
other wise i think this would blend into many themes nicely/conveniently.

look forward to any feedback.
regards.

• Sajid

Hi @amused

Hope you are doing good today and thanks for your question :slight_smile:

If I am not wrong then you can select your own checkout page where users can signup (if option is enabled), make payment by selecting a plan, upgrade and cancel their accounts. Its kind of one page checkout process. You can select this page from Network > Pro Sites > Settings > General Settings > Checkout Page.

For create new site, you can simply add it in menu from Appearance > Menus and rename it to, lets say "create a site".

But if you want the ability of create new site link to be added automatically in nav or replacing BuddyPress create new site link, then its can be a good edition to this plugin. As I can see this thread is already in "Features and Feedback" forum, so our developers get notified of this suggestion and can consider adding it in future version of this plugin depending on number of +1's it will get from our other valuable members.

Thanks for taking the time and posting into forum.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.